rethinking the order of getpwnam call in Get_Pwnam_internals?

Thu Feb 21 08:56:59 GMT 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 11:28:54PM -0700, Bo Yang wrote:
>     After authentication, NODNSUPDATE\nodns1 is correctly
>     mapped to NODNS1. But the problem is the construction
>     of user information from username when "winbind use
>     default domain = yes".

winbind use default domain is probably the one single option
that should NEVER have been added. It causes so much grief
that I would rather recommend to tell people if they have
problems with that option being set to remove that option
instead of fixing code with yet another kludge.

Just my 2 cents, I'm out of the winbind business for a very
long time.

Volker