Improving performance of winbindd_list_groups

Steven Danneman steven.danneman at isilon.com
Wed Apr 23 01:25:01 GMT 2008

>On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 11:27:28AM -0700, Steven Danneman wrote:
>> My proposal is to rewrite winbindd_list_groups() (and subsequently
>> winbindd_list_users()) to asynchronously enumerate groups from all
>> known domains simultaneously using async_domain_request() and calling
>> get_sam_group_entries() from the winbindd_child_dispatch_table.

>Go, Steven, Go! :-))

>Volker

Ok, attached is healthy chunk of code making the WINBINDD_LIST_GROUPS
handler function asynchronous.  It was pretty straightforward once I
wrapped my head around the various levels of calls and callbacks
required to communicate between parent and child.

If you like this approach, I'll apply the same changes to
WINBINDD_LIST_USERS.

Steven Danneman | Software Development Engineer
Isilon Systems    P +1-206-315-7500     F +1-206-315-7501
www.isilon.com