Timed releases, versions, etc... [was Re: Freeze proto.h?]

yaberger at ca.ibm.com yaberger at ca.ibm.com
Mon Apr 21 15:35:22 GMT 2008

Hi Jerry,

with your proposition, how long would each release be maintained?

Ex: I remember last summer that it has been said the 3.0.X release will be
supported for 1 year after the release of 3.2.0

Would the same apply for 3.2.X being supported for 1 year after the
release of 3.3.0?

This is kinda important for us to know because we've a politic to not run
unsupported software (for bugs and security issues).
Just trying to figure how this release cycle would force me to upgrade my
samba servers at regular frequency.
Not a problem on itself, just want to plan all this

Cheers,

Yannick Bergeron
yaberger at ca.ibm.com