would you please Help me !

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Mon Apr 7 10:52:56 GMT 2008

Hi Tarek,

please contact the samba-technical mailing list with general
questions like this. I Cc my Answer to the list, so more answers
than mine may follow.

I can't give you a complete list of OS/versions.
It would be easier to answer yes/no when given a concrete os version.

Generally, samba can be compiled (and installed) on any unix like
operating system with a c99 compliant C compiler. (So when you
can install gcc, you usually also can compile samba, but it works
with "native" cc on many UNIXes.)

Also, the working of several subsystems/features of samba depend
on the availability of external libraries, most notably kerberos
and ldap. So you might get reduced functionality on some systems.

Our build farm at http://build.samba.org/ shows many operating
systems and to what extent the build current samba code.

I can say that the following OS work:

* Solaris 8, 9, 10
* AIX 5.X
* HP-UX 11.11, 11.23, (and 11.00 mostly)
* Tru64 Unix 5.1 (or newer)
* IRIX 6.5
* Linux kernel 2.4, 2.6
* FreeBSD 6.X (or newer)
* OpenBSD 3.X (or newer) - no NSS support here
* NetBSD and other BSDs (don't know specific version)
* Mac OS X 10.4.X

Older versions than stated may work, but I don't have current
build results.

By the way: Susie10 is not an OS version but a linux distribution
version (if you are referring to e.g. openSUSE 10.X). The
Operating system version is the linux kernel version.
Any remotely new linux distribution should work.

Regards, Michael

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>  <obnox at samba.org>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9