slow reads with smbclient

Rafał Cygnarowski zswi at pers.pl
Mon Nov 12 13:44:33 GMT 2007

Hi!

	I write some application witch uses client library from Samba 4 (precisely I
use TP 5 sources) to connect to Samba 3 server. After some coding I noticed
that file reading performance is very poor. In the beginning I thought it was
my fault but I found that file reading performance with smbclient is as poor
as in my application. It takes about 15 seconds to read 5 MB file. I have no
problems with reading files from mounted samba resource so it I think it's a
libcli_smb problem.
	I checked also writing performance and it's seems to be at normal level in
both cases (mounted resource and smbclient).
	Is it known problem or it's just my case?
	What should I check/do to track down bug?

Best regards,
--
Rafał Cygnarowski
rafi at pers.pl