Samba 4 TP5 plans

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 30 06:20:27 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-20 at 10:55 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 13:12 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 18:47 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > > As discussed at SambaXP, we'd like to get the ball for TP5 rolling and
> > > release it in the next few weeks.
> > >
> > > The build farm state is reasonable at the moment; hopefully we can fix
> > > the couple of tests that are broken in the next few days.
>
> With the work over the past week, the issues seem to be back to a few
> 'usual suspsects'.
> In particular, we have 64-bit issues with the pidl tests, and an issue
> with the propagation of lcov CFLAGS on 'tridge' (again, for the pidl
> tests).

While this hasn't improved as much as I would have liked, I'm hoping to
do a TP5 release very soon regardless.  I've got the LDAP backend
documentation in hand, and will start work on cutting TP5 as soon as
possible after that.

I think we have a lot to be proud of in this release, even if the CTDB
work doesn't make it this time.

I think we are well on our we to an alpha release.