GPLv2-only users of Samba library code?

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu Jul 5 23:13:39 GMT 2007

If you are the author/maintainer of a GPLv2-only application, and you
use any Samba library code (such as libsmbclient, talloc, tdb, ldb
etc) then please get in touch.

We are currently looking at moving future releases of our library code
to LGPLv3, and this might pose difficulties for projects that are
using our library code and are released under GPLv2-only.

Note that this only applies to GPLv2 projects that do not have the "or
 (at your option) any later version" wording in the copyright notices.

Cheers, Tridge