svn commit: samba r20928 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/lib/events: .

Sun Jan 21 08:41:50 GMT 2007

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 08:23:15AM +0000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> added signal events to lib/events

Thanks!

One question: Looking at the Linux kernel oplock
implementation we get the information which fd the kernel
wants us to release via the siginfo_t->sig_fd handler in the
three-argument signal handler set via sigaction with
SA_SIGINFO set.

Also, looking at my "Stevens, advanced Unix programming"
using the signal() syscall on some platforms can lead to
lost signals. Probably modern glibc implements this using
sigaction, so this would not be a problem here, but it might
on others. Is this use of signal() instead of sigaction()
deliberate, or is Stevens just wrong here?

Volker