design for storing trusted domain passwords in ldap

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jan 18 22:11:15 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 22:52 +0100, Michael Adam wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2007, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> > Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > >
> > > So no "ldap trust suffix"? Just
> > > "cn=trusteddomname,<sambadomaindn>"? I'm fine with that.
> >
> > No.  let's not make it harder to set up a Samba/LDAP combination.
>
> Ok, then I drop the sambaTrustedDomainName attribute.
> Here is the updated patch to the schema file.

We should store the previous password, so we can bind to a DC in the
remote domain, that is a little slow on the uptake.  (Yes, we also need
logic to use the previous password, both in trusted domain and member
server code).

Hmm, perhaps we add to the schema when we actually have code to change
trust passwords automatically, and use a fallback...