design for storing trusted domain passwords in ldap

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Thu Jan 18 09:05:15 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 12:22:10PM -0500, simo wrote:
> Except for the Description of 'sambaTrustedDomainName' which have 'the'
> and 'own' reversed it seem ok to me.

Er no, this is not what i meant. Describing 'sambaTrustedDomainName'
as "Windows NT domain which the own domain trusts", with "the own
domain" I wanted to address the trusting domain, the domain that
needs to store the trust password. ("Our own domain" the name of
"the other domain" is what I wanted to store in "sambaTrustedDomainName").

I was aware, that the wording is clumsy and probably it's clearer to
just say "DESC 'Name of a trusted Windows NT Domain'" or similarly.

Michael

--
Michael Adam,  SerNet Service Network GmbH
phone: +49-551-370000-0,  fax: +49-551-370000-9