Makefile.in still compile PIE with SHARED LDFLAGS and thus breaking libsmbclient.so

Henrik henke at mac.se
Mon Aug 27 14:21:54 GMT 2007

Hi list,

A while ago I noticed that the new Makefile.in messed up
libsmbclient.so so that my program couldn't find symbols needed.
I.e

debian-ipox:~# ./sotest /usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0 smbc_open
0x804a028
/usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0: undefined symbol: smbc_open

Simo also prepared a patch.
http://viewcvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/branches/SAMBA_3_0_25/
source/Makefile.in?rev=22482&r1=22321&r2=22482&makepatch=1&diff_format=u

Which I tested and confirmed.

I now checked out the latest 3_2_0 branch and the Makefile is still
broken and the patch doesn't work well against the new branch.

Can some one fix this och explain why its not fixed?

Best regards
Henke