Broken afs support in 3.0.25

Johan Andersson johan at e-626.net
Fri Aug 24 20:12:17 GMT 2007

Hi!

The AFS support in Samba 3 has been broken for some time now, so I
thought I should do something about it!

First off, AFS installs it's own assert.h in /usr/include/afs. Since
configure adds /usr/include/afs to CFLAGS, the wrong assert.h is used by
Samba, and linking fails for some targets because of this.

The second problem I know of is that the afsacl vfs module fails to
compile. This is because of two things: Makefile.in expects
vfs_afsacl.po and not vfs_afsacl.c, and the source uses some old
structure names.

I have created two patches to address this, and attached them to bug #4487.

/Johan Andersson