deprecating smbmount ?

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 24 03:29:11 GMT 2006

CIFS VFS needs NLTMv2 support to work to Windows (minor change needed) -
it works to Samba now, before I would feel comfortable.

Current plan is 2.6.18 kernel (2.6.18 is at rc2) will ship NTLMv2 support
working to Windows,  For kernel version 2.6.19 we can deprecate smbfs and
related utilities (smbmount, smbmnt) if no major issues found.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org>
07/22/2006 12:33 PM

Steven French/Austin/IBM at IBMUS
cc