how does libldap detection work in ./configure script?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jan 26 11:12:58 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter schrieb:

> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>

>>>Check config.log for the reason of the failure.  That the
>>>first thing to do.
>>
>>I checked that many times, but I didn't know what I'm looking for.
>>But I guess that's it - no it's only to find out how to cope with that:

>>/home/data/wrt54/openldap-2.3.18/libraries/libldap/.libs/libldap.so:
>>undefined reference to `lutil_memcmp'
>>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>

> Yup.  That's you error.  But google comes up empty on
> that function.  It doesn't look familiar to me.

I found a workaround.

I'm posting it here in case if anyone ever wanted to cross-compile Samba
with LDAP support for Linux / mipsel / uclibc.

"lutil_memcmp" comes from OpenLDAP (2.3.18).

It is defined in openldap-2.3.18/include/ac/string.h

To get around this issue, you have to comment out lines 92-95 in that file:

/*#ifdef NEED_MEMCMP_REPLACEMENT
         int (lutil_memcmp)(const void *b1, const void *b2, size_t len);
#define memcmp lutil_memcmp
#endif*/

Interestingly, it isn't used anywhere else.

Then, compile OpenLDAP once again, and Samba's ./configure (gcc really)
script shouldn't complain again.

Of course, I don't know if it doesn't break things...

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org