AFS support

Mon Jan 23 15:56:06 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 09:49:51AM -0500, Thomas J. Moore wrote:
> 1)  With the fake-kaserver support, is there a technical reason why
> setpag() isn't called before sending the AFS token?  (i. e. something
> like "syscall(SYS_afs_syscall, AFSCALL_SETPAG)" just before the settok
> call in afs_settoken.c; see attached patch)  I did a bit of testing with
> this patch, and had no problems.  I don't know enough about afs to say
> whether or not this causes a leak somewhere, though.

We can't use PAGs because smbd has to cope with multiple users on a single
connection. In standard setups this might not be necessary, but once you have
terminal servers around you can't use PAGs, as smbd has to transparently su -
to the different users. All the users of this I've seen so far at least
potentially had terminal servers.

> 2)  Is the vfs_afsacl module being worked on?  Since it has a 2003
> copyright, and I had to make a few changes to make it do anything
> useable at all (mainly stripping out domain names from IDs; see attached
> patch), I would assume not.  If not, is there another simple way for
> Windows users to edit ACLs without requiring a full OpenAFS installation?

I'll look at your patch, thanks. Not immediately, but it will stick in my inbox
:-)

Volker