SAMBA LDAP Integrity

Thu Jan 12 11:54:32 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 01:43:01PM +0200, Yovko Yovkov wrote:
> In short - I am asking to be replaced smb.conf with ldap entry. This
> will give us possibilities to create a nice graphical tools to control
> samba.

There has been some start in Samba trunk on that, but this was never pursued
fully. With Jeremy's new Usershare stuff in trunk I can see that it might be
reasonably easy to fetch the shares out of LDAP instead out of a file. This
does not affect the [global] section, it only touches a very limited set of
settings in shares.

Volker