tdb_lock failed errors (bug #3327)

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jan 11 20:20:23 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 02:12:09PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> I'll speak up for Tony here only to point out that there can
> be weeks or months before issues get dealt with.  The current method
> of relying upon a few of us does not scale and we know that.
> Neither you nor I nor Volker nor anyone else can be responsible
> for everyone's question.  And yet when we have someone interested
> enough to spend the time tracking down something, they get ignored.
> Not out of spite or anything else but overloaded email clients.
>
> We have to get a better way to get new developers involved
> without adding to our existing workload.  I'm open for suggestions.
> Does anyone know what is happening with bzr and possible
> migration of the svn trees?

I agree it can be weeks or months before issues get dealt with,
I was explaining *why* that was :-). It just bugs me to get
criticized as not being responsive when I've 2000+ outstanding
issues to deal with. The issues I work on I'm *very* responsive
on, I just can't get to all of them.

Yes, this is the scalability argument in another form.... I'm
trying to expand the pool of people whilst maintaining quality
as much as possible. There's just no magic bullet I think. It's
just lots of hard work :-).

Jeremy.