queries on ldb

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Jan 4 11:19:52 GMT 2006

G'day all,

After trying to do some doxygen based API documentation for ldb (for my own
use, and to be merged if considered appropriate), I've come up with a few
queries (more technical at the end):
1. How does the GPL'd ldb/include/dlinklist.h affect the otherwise LGPL'd LDB?
2. Is there any reason why the license includes the FSF's old address? Will
you take a patch to update it?
3. What is ldb_msg_canonicalize meant to do? I see that it sorts the elements
of an ldb_message, but that surely isn't all. Can someone provide a message
(or the LDIF that goes into such a message) that will be different after
ldb_msg_canonicalize? Or an RFC reference that explains it?
4. What is the return value of ldb_search()? The comments in the header and
source indicate it is supposed to be the number of records returned. However
tools/ldb*.c show it being tested against LDB_SUCCESS (i.e. 0).

Brad