svn commit: samba r17353 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0: examples examples/gpfs source source/modules source/smbd

Peter Somogyi psomogyi at gamax.hu
Wed Aug 2 10:03:07 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 02 August 2006 11:53, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> system via a callback. Is that really necessary? Can't we
> have a really pure translation layer?

The asymmetry is because of chown logic (existing only in setter), and the
callback is handy because of pre and post actions.

Of course, it can be transformed separating pre and post functions
parametrizing them (very...) well. But I think this is a code nicety
question, and looked to me a worse way (needing more duplicate code in
modules).

--
Peter Somogyi
Gamax Kft