[SAMBA4] Add 'allowed mechs' to the credentials system?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Sep 28 06:41:42 GMT 2005

Is the credentials system the right place to hook in an 'allowed
mechanisms' filter?

I'm looking into enabling kerberos testing on the build farm, and need a
way to put back something similar to the '-k' switch I removed.

Likewise, I want to be able to control NTLMSSP and Kerberos selection
(along with potentially other mechanisms, such as those from SASL) from
the command line, so I can test with the various mechs in place.

OpenLDAP uses the -Y option for this, in ldapsearch etc.

The reason I'm suggesting the credentials system (rather than globally)
is that this is tied to a particular set of username/password, and
therefore we can say 'machine accounts only use Kerberos' (valid until
JRA's recent work), while allowing different policies within the same
process.

I am mindful of the fact that the credentials system is becoming a
kitchen sink, and I'll happily discuss better ways to partition this
info, but for now it seems the best option.