svn commit: samba r10411 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules: .

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Fri Sep 23 08:09:10 GMT 2005

Simo,

 > Oh right I thought it was the one in samdb.c but now I remember I had
 > remove it myself from there when moved that functionality to the samldb
 > module :)

on a related topic, and at the risk of contradicting myself, I'm now
thinking we probably should have ldb_transaction_start(),
ldb_transaction_commit() and ldb_transaction_cancel() calls exposed in
the API, outside of modules, as you originally suggested.

The reason is that I think code like the new wins replication server
metze is writing will benefit from being able to do the replication
all-or-nothing. Having to deal with partially completed replication
would be a pain.

I'd suggest we make ldb_transaction_start() fail in the ldap backend,
and only use it in Samba where we don't mind never being able to use a
traditional ldap backend for that db.

Cheers, Tridge