Samba 4 libnet_join and RPC-JOIN torture test

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Tue Sep 13 13:52:19 GMT 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 07:51:31AM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> using the standard macro, we loose the error string here, so I would propose to use a libnet
> specific macro here,
>
> #define LIBNET_NOT_OK_RETURN(status, tmp_mem, error) do {\
> 	if (!NT_STATUS_IS_OK(status)) {
> 		r->out.error_string = talloc_asprintf error;
> 		talloc_free(tmp_mem);
> 		return status;
> 	}
> } while(0)

what specifically does this tmp_mem do here ?

> and use it like this:
>
> 	status = dcerpc_lsa_OpenPolicy2(c.out.dcerpc_pipe, tmp_ctx, &lsa_open_policy);
> 	LIBNET_NOT_OK_RETURN(status, tmp_ctx,(mem_ctx,
> 			     "lsa_OpenPolicy2 failed: %s",
> 			     nt_errstr(status)));
>
> abartlet, mimir: happy with such libnet specific macros?

Looks quite fine at the first glance and I can check it in. The only thing
I'm not clear about is tmp_ctx. Is it just function's memory context that
we destroy here, as the function itself fails ?

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak
Samba Team member  http://www.samba.org