3.0.20 compile failure

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 11 01:12:32 GMT 2005

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong list. I mailed a similar message to the
general Samba list and received no replies. Here's the link:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-September/110431.html

More details follow:

I'm using GCC-4.0.1 to compile. You can see the machine details in
the sig of the posting at the link above. Here's the configure
command I used that triggers the failure in make:

./configure --prefix=/usr \
            --sysconfdir=/etc \
            --localstatedir=/var \
            --with-piddir=/var/run \
            --with-fhs \
            --with-smbmount \
            --with-pam \
            --with-smbwrapper \
            --with-pam_smbpass \
            --with-python=python \

I've pinned the problem to a commit to the source/include/includes.h
file. Here's the specific commit that gives me problems:

http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/source/include/includes.h?rev=7883&r1=7549&r2=7883

I can't remember exactly what the error message was I received
when I compiled it initially, and I've since commented out the
offending area and built the package fine. If anyone is interested
I can reproduce the error and post it.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information.

--
Randy

20:03:01 up 161 days, 19:36, 3 users, load average: 0.38, 0.41, 0.22