No guest access after winbind authentication failure

Shlomi Yaakobovich Shlomi at exanet.com
Wed Nov 30 11:23:12 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I've noticed that when we're using winbind (3.0.20a), and we give a bad username, we always fail to login, even if guest ok = yes. We also have map to guest = bad user, and have tried also with bad password and same results. The error that is given is NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS from auth_winbind.c (139), and this results in no access at all. I am wondering why this is like this, and how can we change this to allow guest access when winbind reports an error. If this is a bug then it is easily reproducable for me and I'd like to help fix it.

Thanks,
Shlomi