Removing the 'password must change' flag with Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Mar 13 10:23:22 GMT 2005

When a new user is created via Samba4's RPC client calls, the account is
set to 'password must change at first login'.  What I'm having trouble
with is removing this flag.

I've tried setting the value of must_change_time with SetUserInfo level
21, but I don't seem to be able to make it stick - and I can't find any
'fields present' flag that sets this.

(This is why I worked on the user renaming stuff today, so as to pin
down some of the other flags by elimination).

I could always just 'change' the password, but I'm interested if anybody
knows how this is meant to be done.  (That is, how to create a user with
an administrator-set password, that does not need to be changed by the
user).

Any ideas?