First Release of the acl package

Christoph Klein christophk at cip.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Jun 22 07:20:31 GMT 2005

Hi,
This morning i finally got my package released for the firs time. it's
avaible under
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=140652
But everything is still alpha code! Theres a readme in the base of the
tar, that should describe how to make things running. You should edit
the paths in the Makefiles, too, i've forgotten to mention that in the
readme.
The Userspace tools and the the samba module should work well
reasonably. The Kernel module is still buggy, and might not work at all.
I used another approach to implement this acl system than the one that
is projected wtigh ntacl-lsm. But i think if this works it is at least
as good as ntacl-lsm would be. You could also rewrite the vfs module for
samba4 or enhance the kernel module to read also SECDESCs from the hard
disk.
So as you see a lot of ideas. I'm looking forward to your comments.

christophk