management of Samba4

Wong Onn Chee ocwong at usa.net
Fri Jun 3 12:56:21 GMT 2005

Hi Andrew,

Just like to share some of my experience while managing Samba in enterprises.

Besides the list of information you have highlighted, I have come across popular requests for the following information:

1) Lists user logon and logoff times
2) Record audit details such as creation/deletion of files and folders.

I believe Pt 1 is a challenge as we can't accurately record when the users log on or off from the domain.
However, adding the ability to provide the above information will improve the manageability of Samba servers from a risk perspective.

Just my two cent worth.
Thanks.

Cheers,
Onn Chee