net rpc vampire performance

Donald W Watson dwatson at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 1 16:32:55 GMT 2005

Hi Ingo,

Since we're currently thinking about sending the ldif vampire output to a
file, I have a couple of suggestions for command format:

1. net rpc vampire ldif=<output filename>
2. net rpc vampire ldif <output filename>

I will be submitting a patch soon (waiting for my non-LotusNotes account to
be activated); maybe some of the code I have written will be useful to you
for "net rpc vampire xml".

Sincerely,    Don Watson
Linux Technology and Solutions; Beaverton, OR
503-578-4861/TL: 775-4861; dwatson at us.ibm.com

             Ingo Steuwer
             <steuwer at univenti
             on.de>                                                     To
                                       Jim McDonough/Portland/IBM at IBMUS
             05/31/2005 11:27                                           cc
             PM                        Donald W
                                       Watson/Beaverton/IBM at IBMUS,
                                       samba-technical at samba.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: net rpc vampire performance

Hi

we've looked at this and decided to implement and contribute a "general
export", preferred is xml. We don't want to conflict with the announced
enhancements for the ldif-export and would use a similar command line ("net

rpc vampire xml").

So the questions are:

- is the command line ok? (Don already asked it, but I can't find an
answer)
- can I find a patch for the ldif-export somewhere or is it in SVN?

Greetings
Ingo Steuwer

--
Ingo Steuwer       steuwer at univention.de         fon: +49 421 22 232- 0
Entwicklung        Linux for Your Business