svn commit: samba r4970 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source: include libsmb

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 24 21:10:45 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 20:21 +0000, jra at samba.org wrote:
> Author: jra
> Date: 2005-01-24 20:21:15 +0000 (Mon, 24 Jan 2005)
> New Revision: 4970
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=4970
>
> Log:
> Fix for bug 2092, allowing fallback after kerberos and allow
> gnome vfs to prevent auto-anonymous logon.
> Jeremy.

I'm wondering (and I've pondered this for a while, and should have
posted to the lists...) if there is ever a valid case for the auto-
anonymous login?

It seems to only cause trouble - I've written an app using the perl
wrapper, with much pain.  Perhaps we should only trigger the anonymous
fallback if a user was never specified in either a URL or in the context
structure.  This would allow existing apps to pick up sane behaviour,
without needing to know that the structure changed size etc.