Progress on the Kerberos domain join

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Jan 22 10:21:29 GMT 2005

As I mentioned in the news on the 'long name' join, we are making
progress with WinXP joining Samba4 as an ADS domain.

Currently, the domain join breaks down at the Kerberos/SPNEGO DRSUAPI
bind.  This is the same point that metze is working on for the Win2k3 DC
join, except that it appears that for WinXP, the problematic 'DCE_STYLE'
Kerberos flag is not net.   (metze is trying to join a Win2k3 server as
a DC, so as to exersise replication functionality, and is also blocked
at this point, but with that flag set).

I get 'Access Denied' in the WinXP domain join GUI.