IMHO: Winbind in Samba4

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Sun Jan 9 01:52:37 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 19:36 -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> > Richard Sharpe schrieb:

> > | Ummm, we do not want a local SAM. All account and group information should
> > | be in LDAP or NIS and the PDC's SAM.
> >
> > then just don't use it, there'll be only the builtin aliases and the local administrator
> > and guest (disabled) by default.
> > (just like a just installed windows member server)
>
> Sure, I was just pointing out to Simo that there are many ways that people
> want to use these things.

I know, people generally do not want to manage users on a NAS box, but
NASes are just one of the targets of samba4.
We need to be as compatible as we can, so we will implement all it is
necessary and probably something more :-)

Simo.
Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org
Italian Site  -  http://samba.xsec.it