Support for arrays of Unions in pidl

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Feb 23 20:06:19 GMT 2005

Hi Metze,

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 10:35:51AM +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote about 'Support for arrays of Unions in pidl':
> while you're cleaning up pidl, would you be able to add support
> for push/pull arrays of unions for me.
I'm currently working on something like that. (Making that code
generic so that pretty everything can be in an array). The code is
currently in test-phase (just like another patch that adds nested
memory contexts). I hope to commit both of these patches this weekend
while I'm at FOSDEM.

> 	WERROR spoolss_EnumForms(
> 		[in,ref] policy_handle *handle,
> 		[in] uint32 level,
> 		[in] DATA_BLOB *buffer,
> 		[out,subcontext(4),switch_is(level),flag(stage2)] *spoolss_FormInfo[count];
> 		[in,out,ref] uint32 *buf_size,
> 		[out] uint32 count
> 	);

> the flag(stage2) is just an idea to make it possible to first just pull the subcontext buffer
> , then the buf_size and the count and then in a 2nd run analyse the subcontext buffer
I doubt something like that will be possible without using a
structure after my patch.

Cheers,

Jelmer

--