"net ads user info" primary group patch

Pavel Rochnyack rpv at muma.tusur.ru
Sat Apr 16 14:10:29 GMT 2005

Hello samba-technical!

I found next issue - net ads user info <username> don`t show primary
user group. As I found in my DC active directory, primary group not
included into "memberOf" parameter and specified by Group ID.
I wrote patch :)

My samba version is 3.0.11, but I not found any changes in 3.0.14
release.

DN short example:

dn: CN=rpv,OU=Domain Admins,DC=aoi,DC=aoi
memberOf: CN=shell,CN=Users,DC=aoi,DC=aoi
memberOf: CN=Schema Admins,CN=Users,DC=aoi,DC=aoi
memberOf: CN=Enterprise Admins,CN=Users,DC=aoi,DC=aoi
memberOf: CN=Administrators,CN=Builtin,DC=aoi,DC=aoi
memberOf: CN=Domain Users,CN=Users,DC=aoi,DC=aoi
memberOf: CN=duty,CN=Users,DC=aoi,DC=aoi
name: rpv
primaryGroupID: 512

Also some types in ads_ldap library was changed, it may need to
execute "make proto" after patch apply. Changed functions was not used
in 3.0.11, so no changes in other modules needed.

--
Best regards,
 Pavel                          mailto:rpv at muma.tusur.ru