IPC$ entries not deleted from connections.tdb?

Yannick Bergeron burgergold at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:52:14 GMT 2005

The samba child process doesn't exist anymore on the server or the windows
workstation is not running. I suppose those two examples should not let IPC$
connections between Samba and the client.

connections.tdb has been increasing in size because of this behaviour. We
are running in an environment with approx 3000 users, 700 actives
connections during the daytime and we try to give the service as long as we
can (currently on our 24 days without interruption of service).