svn commit: samba r3029 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: include lib/messaging ntvfs/common ntvfs/posix torture/basic torture/raw

Thu Oct 21 07:23:06 GMT 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 07:40:20AM +0000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> This commit also extends the smbtorture lock tests to test the rather
> weird 0xEEFFFFFF locking semantics that I have discovered in
> win2003. Win2003 treats the 0xEEFFFFFF boundary as special, and will
> give different error codes on either side of it. Locks on both sides
> are allowed, the only difference is which error code is given when a
> lock is denied. Anyone like to hazard a guess as to why? It has
> me stumped.

I *think* I've seen Access do cordination via high locks on the .ldb file. I
might be wrong, but this could be to work around Access bugs in those
particular code paths.

Volker