winbindd still blocks in 3.0.4?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Fri May 14 02:17:46 GMT 2004

Hi there

I have a recurring issue with winbindd that seems to make it pretty
unreliable. I find that if I do something like

finger dom+username

(assumes enumerate users and nsswitch.conf settings of course)

it will hang for ages, and while it does, it blocks. e.g. "wbinfo -p" won't
return until that other command finishes.

Is that supposed to happen? Couldn't it be either written to fork
subprocesses, or use threads? (easy for me to say - I can't write it! ;-)

Thanks

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417