i18n question.

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at home.monyo.com
Thu Mar 18 17:25:00 GMT 2004

>>> But actually some of Japanese characters(scripts) are case
>>> sensitive. For example U+FF21 (Fullwidth Latin Capital Letter A) and
>>> U+FF41 (Fullwidth Latin Small Letter A).
>tridge> Interesting. Is this rare? If you have 1000 filenames on a filesystem
>tridge> in Japanese how many of them would contain characters like this that
>tridge> are case sensitive?
>
>You're asking terribly hard question, because what you're really
>asking depends not on distribition of character but "distribution of
>human".

Since as Kenichi says, usage of such characters basically depends on
people and I do not have the statistical information, I think the
usage is relatively rare because we have lots of filenames containing
ASCII only and if we use Japanese filename, it is often consist of
KANJI, HIRAGANA and KATAKANA characters only. Using fullwidth Cyllic,
Greece is quite rare. Using fullwidth Alphabet, Roman numerals are
also rare.

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu (monyo)                    monyo at home.monyo.com
                                               http://www.monyo.com/