secrets.tdb - byte order independent? (SPARC/INTEL)

Paul Griffith paulg at cs.yorku.ca
Mon Mar 8 21:24:54 GMT 2004

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Paul Griffith wrote:
>
> > Any other ideas for moving TDB. If I extract the SID can I somehow inject
> > that into the new secrets.tdb file?  What about putting the SID into a
> > MACHINE.SID file and having Samba migrate the SID from MACHINE.SID to
> > secrets.tdb ?
>
> 	net getlocalsid
>
> should get your local sid, and
>
> 	net setlocalsid S-1-5-21-x-y-z
>
> should set your SID.
>
> See: http://www.zevils.com/cgi-bin/man/man2html?net+8
>
> for more info.
>
> Regards
> -----
> Richard Sharpe, rsharpe[at]richardsharpe.com, rsharpe[at]samba.org,
> sharpe[at]ethereal.com, http://www.richardsharpe.com

Thanks, but I am still using 2.2.8a, the commands you have look likethey
are for Samba v3.x.x Time permitting I will try to move to
Samba v3.x.x later this year.

Paul
--
Paul Griffith     | York University, Dept. of Computer Science CSB1003A
CS Technical Team | 4700 Keele Street,Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3