mixed environment SAM replication

Richard Renard rrenard at idealx.com
Thu Jan 15 16:46:44 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 11:15:16AM -0500, mike at jurney.org wrote:

> I've been looking around for the past few days trying to figure out the
> sate of SAM replication between NT4 and Samba3 DCs.  I saw this message
> from rrenard at idealx.com:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba-technical&m=106736038032173&w=2
>
> and the followup seemed enthusiastic.  I've been digging through HEAD,
> though, and I can't see that any of this has been integrated or expanded
> on.  Has this feature been back-burnered?  Is there anyone other than me
> still interested and working on it?

I'm still working on it, on the BDC side i have something that is nearly
usable, but the PDC side seems to be a lot more difficult since it will
require (i think) a "list" of all modifications done on the domain
(users, policy, lsa/privs), a mecanism to ask BDCs to come take deltas,
and certainly some other stuff.

Richard.

--
Richard Renard