Mapping machine_name

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Thu Jan 15 04:15:17 GMT 2004

This is of interest with respect to jCIFS because jCIFS generates the
client's CALLING name on the fly.  As a result, the %m value read by Samba
will be somewhat random.

The %m value is derived from the CALLING name field in the NBT Session
Request.  If that's missing (on port 445, for instance) then it can be
found in a few other places.  As Andrew points out, it will be sent when
doing NTLMSSP authentication.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org