SUSE 8.2 RPMS

MWONGE RICHARD mwonge at linuxsolutions.co.ug
Tue Jan 6 07:47:45 GMT 2004

I installed samba3.0.1 rpms on SUSE 8.2 configured samba as a PDC for one
domain on my subnet, then configured windows 2000 server as a PDC for
another domain on the same subnet. My aim was to establish a trust
relationship between the two domains. When i browse the network on my
windows 2000 server PC i can see the samba domain but when i try to access
it an error is returned "incorrect parameter". When i installed samba3.0.1
from the tar sources icould log onto the samba domain after establishing a
one trust windows 2000 server trusting samba. What might be the problem
with the the RPMS. My operating system is SUSE8.2.

--
Mwonge Richard
Support Enginer
E-mail:mwonge at linuxsolutions.co.ug