"dos filetimes" lacks on Posix ACL

buc buc at odusz.elektra.ru
Wed Feb 4 14:16:52 GMT 2004

   When "dos filetimes = Yes", a user can change file timestamp if
he/she have write access.
But when Samba checks it, group/other bits are used only, and possible
ACL are not checked.

   The corresponding fragment of a code -- smbd/dosmode.c:file_utime()
-- looks like we can do access(2) call... (because of
become_root()/unbecome_root() pair). Is it a right way? May be implement
some SMB_VFS_ACCESS() method and use it here?..

  Also: may be use access() syscall some way for "hide unreadable"/"hide
unwritable" (if we have the "true" real uid there, or can become them
temporarily).

--
		Dmitry Butskoj <buc at odusz.elektra.ru>
		Red Hat Certified Engineer 809003662809495