[Linux-cluster] Samba Technical thread

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Dec 11 23:35:13 GMT 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 04:08:56PM -0500, Daniel Phillips wrote:

> So I humbly suggest that you design a server-based implementation first,
> get it working, then think about how you might go about distributing the
> database, or if that is even wise.  The more complex the database, the less
> wise it is.

This is an extremely well written message, and definately corresponds with
the thinking I've been doing about a distributed Samba. It seems to be
based on bitter experience, which is always the best teacher :-). Thanks
a *lot* Daniel, this corresponds with the initial server-based ideas that
I've been thinking about to get around the clustering Samba problem.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.