outsourcing DCE/RPC to alternate programs - runtime config option

Anthony Liguori anthony at codemonkey.ws
Thu Dec 9 22:55:38 GMT 2004

Jeremy Allison wrote:

>So you're testing sending an rpc call, then doing a 1 byte at a time
>read back from the client, yes ? I don't think the server code handles
>that currently. Can you send me your client test code so I can test
>against Windows as well as smbd ?

No, I was doing a much simplier test.  I set up a pipe that intercepted
the SAMR pipe and tried to return a partial read in the pipe code.  Now
that I've thought about this, I don't think this is valid.

I think the pipe code behaves correctly.  The interface is just a little
confusing.  Perhaps lkcl could comment since he's the one that wrote it...

Regards,
Anthony Liguori