[svlug] SMB smb_proc_readdir_long errors?

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Tue Sep 30 04:15:49 GMT 2003

OK,

I have redirected this to Samba Technical. Steve French, the author of the
Linux 2.5/2.5 smbfs will most likely be interested in this.

For Samba-technical,  J C Lawrence <claw at kanga.nu> said that sometimes,
after mounting a Win2K3 (I think) file system, he gets the error shown
below, but not always.

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:12:55 -0700 (PDT)
> Richard Sharpe <rsharpe at richardsharpe.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, J C Lawrence wrote:
>
> >> Sep 29 19:31:14 under kernel: smb_proc_readdir_long: error=-2, >>
> >> breaking
>
> > Can we have a capture of the behavior?
>
> Mind defining "capture"?  Sometimes I get files, sometimes I don't.
> When I do I get everything I expect.  When I don't I get nothing.
> There's no variation there.

OK, I meant a network capture with Ethereal or tcpdump, taken from either
the client (Linux) or the server.

> > Also, a bit more info? Like, what version of smbfs? Kernel version?
>
> kernel: 2.6.0-test6
> smbfs: 3.0.0

OK, so this says it is the new version of smbfs. Hopefully, Steve will
chime in with some further debugging suggestions of his own.

Regards
-----