mismatched domain causes wierd behaviour

Brad Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Wed Sep 24 20:40:37 GMT 2003

Obviously the SID in the tdbs must match the SID in ldap for proper
operation...

During my last upgrade I must have forgotten to restore the SID with net
setlocalsid but domain logons, printing, etc. worked just fine.

I only detected the problem when adding a new machine failed with
cryptic messages in the log about not finding the computer in the ldap
store.

I finally figured it out after much gnashing of teeth.

Perhaps it would make sense to put in some kind of check that these SIDs
are the same...
or better yet just use one to populate the other...
or even better still just have the SID in one place so this can't
happen.

best wishes!

brad