KDC has no support for encryption type?

Ken Cross kcross at nssolutions.com
Tue Jul 15 19:46:23 GMT 2003

> Do you have Samba machines that
> have been joined to the particular domains you're currently
> trying to join to?

Yep.

> If so, have any changes been made to the
> domain's configuration since then?

Nope.

> If you run the command
> 'kinit administrator at WIN1DOM.LOCAL' by hand from this
> machine, does it also give you an error message?

Yep:

# kinit administrator at win1dom.local
Password for administrator at win1dom.local:
kinit(v5): KDC has no support for encryption type while getting initial
credentials

The Ethereal capture shows the request with encryption types des3-cbc-sha1,
des-cbc-md5, and des-cbc-crc.  The response returns error code
KRB5KDC_ERR_ETYPE_NOSUPP.

<sigh>

Well, if nobody else is seeing this, I'll assume it's just my problem and
I'll hack away at it.

Thanks for your help, Steve.

Ken