smbpasswd password on the command line

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 11 17:40:34 GMT 2003

>I know of a few third parties that depend on the ability to set passwords
>from the command line. I vote for fixing the problem and for maintaining
Let's get them testing 3.0 then, because this hasn't worked in 3.0 in a
_very_ long time.

personally, I'd also leave it in.  You can't stop people from writing their
passwords on yellow stickies on their screens or keyboard, you can't stop
them from taping their PIN to their ATM card, and you can't stop...no, I'll
stop here before I get myself in trouble :-)

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center
Samba Team