[Fwd: paths wierdness Samba 2.2.8a]

Randall Badilla Castro rbadilla at cesa.co.cr
Thu Jul 10 21:15:35 GMT 2003

Hi all:
Is very "normal" to me, compile the source code of Samba on my Solaris 8
and 9 machines...
Normaly is a free trouble journey. However I have noticed some paths
wierdness behavior on the 2.2.8a, and I want to know how I can help to
correct this, in favor to all the Samba community.
Heres my setup:
SunFire V120
1GB RAM
Solaris 9 latest patch
gcc 3.2.3
gmake    3.79.1

/usr/local/ -> /opt/sfw/ (here I install )
/wrk/tmp   (where I compiled)

For example I run
configure  --prefix=/usr/local/samba ,,, all went straigh and fine until
I start to configure the samba server.
For example smbpasswd binary tries to write/read the smpasswd file on
/etc/sfw or seeks secrets.tdb on <prefix>/etc/private while is on
<prefix>/private!

So I add  --sysconfdir=/usr/local/samba/etc  and now SWAT tries to write
smb.conf at
/usr/local/etc/samba/smb.conf . Also dont create etc directory...

The first thing I made was specify CONFIGDIR's Makefile entry... but I
want to help and ger rid of this misbehavior!

Thanks!

--

Randall Badilla Castro

--