refactoring idmap code in smbd

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jul 9 17:26:09 GMT 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 07:21:01PM +0200, Simo Sorce wrote:
> IMHO this is *not* the right way to do that.

You are incorrect. You had your chance to code your design
and it didn't work. The new design mainly consists of
removing code from smbd. This is a clear sign that we have it right.

> The winbindd_passdb, thing was the right way to do so, but I'll shut up
> now.

Explain why winbindd needs to store 'logon hours' etc. information.
How is this useful to POSIX callers ? How would they get to it ?

Jeremy.